7. Release Notes¶
- Update LLVM to 3.6.2
- Add an align parameter to IRBuilder.load() and IRBuilder.store().
- Allow setting visibility, DLL storageclass of ValueRef
- Support profiling with OProfile
- PR #88: Provide hooks into the MCJIT object cache
- PR #87: Add indirect branches and exception handling APIs to ir.Builder.
- PR #86: Add ir.Builder APIs for integer arithmetic with overflow
- Issue #76: Fix non-Windows builds when LLVM was built using CMake
- Deprecate .get_pointer_to_global() and add .get_function_address() and .get_global_value_address() in ExecutionEngine.
- Switch from LLVM 3.5 to LLVM 3.6. The generated IR for metadata nodes has slightly changed, and the “old JIT” engine has been remove (only MCJIT is now available).
- Add an optional flags argument to arithmetic instructions on IRBuilder.
- Support attributes on the return type of a function.
- Fix implicit termination of basic block in nested if_then()
New documentation hosted at http://llvmlite.pydata.org
- Add code-generation helpers from numba.cgutils
- Support for memset, memcpy, memmove intrinsics
- Fix string encoding problem when round-triping parse_assembly()
Enhancements: * Add Module.get_global() * Renamd Module.global_variables to Module.global_values * Support loading library parmanently * Add Type.get_abi_alignment()
Fixes: * Expose LLVM version as a tuple
Patched LLVM 3.5.1: Updated to 3.5.1 with the same ELF relocation patched for v0.2.2.
Enhancements: * Support for addrspacescast * Support for tail call, calling convention attribute * Support for IdentifiedStructType
Fixes: * GEP addrspace propagation * Various installation process fixes
Patched LLVM 3.5: The binaries from the numba binstar channel use a patched LLVM3.5 for fixing a LLVM ELF relocation bug that is caused by the use of 32-bit relative offset in 64-bit binaries. The problem appears to occur more often on hardened kernels, like in CentOS. The patched source code is available at: https://github.com/numba/llvm-mirror/releases/tag/3.5p1
This is the first official release. It contains a few feature additions and bug fixes. It meets all requirements to replace llvmpy in numba and numbapro.
This is the first release. This is released for beta testing llvmlite and numba before the official release.